Ausangate Trek It’s certainly an adventure trip recommended for people who like walking, feel the nature, tranquility, the spirit, the energy of the Pachamama and mountains as the Apu Ausangate is the protector and the highest mountain Cusco. and the most important thing about this trip is that you know the true PERU. The Andes PERU of their people in their traditional dress, their customs and learn their way of life is superb and interesting without the presence of many tourists.
- Type of Trek: Adventure, ecological landscapes and cultural
- Departures Days: Every day
- Accommodation: 3 nights in tent
- Season: from march to November
- Trek Duration: 4 days and 3 nights
- Difficulty: Moderate to challenge
- Group size: minimun 2 persons
- Maximum height: 5,150 meters
- Price: 500 USD per person
Day 01: Cusco – Tinki – Pumaccocha
4:00 am pick up from the hotel. Towards the people of Tinki where we will have breakfast. The trip takes three hours to our mobility. After breakfast we start the four-hour walk to Upis this day will be long and interesting and we will see in the course locals in traditional costumes, everyday life and beautiful landscapes. In Upis we recommend going to the hot springs to relax muscles and enjoy the place before lunch with a beautiful panoramic mountain view Ausangate 6.372m. And some of the Vilcanota After lunch break and continue the journey through valleys, mountains and lakes observing landscapes typical of the Andes eventually reaching Pumacocha (3950m) where we spend the first night after a pleasant dinner.
Day 02: Pumaccocha – Huchuyfinaya
After breakfast 6:00 a.m.. (Approximately) start walking four hours to the lagoon where it will Ausangate lunch. This day will be beautiful, long and difficult panoramic views of Andean landscapes, lagoons alpacas, llamas. Because this day will cross two open the first of the open of Ausangate 4.780m and 5.121m the second Palomani open for lunch this will be after the highest point of our trip After this encounter with the spirits and tranquility of the mountains and Pachamama descend to the small town of Huchoy Finaya place where we spend the second night after a pleasant dinner.
Day 03: Huchuyfinaya – Azul Ccocha
After breakfast 6:00 a.m.. (Approximately) start walking six hours to the lagoon Tikacocha. This will be another beautiful day panoramic views of mountains, lakes and a little luck we can see wild animals like vicunas, vizcachas and various birds of the Andes. In addition to cross the open Jampaccsa of 5.084m in the midst of beautiful and mysterious mountains will be the last pass of our trip after our magical encounter with the spirits of the mountains and descend to the Tikacocha , Pachamama lagoon for lunch and after resting We continue to Ccocha blue lagoon where we will spend the third night after a pleasant dinner.
Day 04: Azul Ccocha – Tinki – Cusco
After breakfast 6:30 a.m.. (Approximately) start walking four hours to the village of Tinki. This will be an easy, beautiful and interesting day because we will see in the course of people’s presence and small villages with their traditional costumes, customs and know and learn more about the culture of this wonderful region and finally to the village where after lunch Tinki We return to the city of Cusco.
What is included in this tour?
- Pre-departure briefing
- Collection from your hotel in the morning
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 8 people)
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Pack animals (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment) days 1 to 3
- 1 Bag or daffor bag where you can out maximum of 6kg per
- Meals (3B, 3L, 3D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day). Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
What is not included in this tour?
- Last lunch in Tinki
- First breakfast in Tinki
- Sleeping bag rent: USD 5 per day
- Drinks: mineral water, soda, beer, chocolates
What to Bring?
- Daypack 30 liters/packtowl
- Knit hat/hat
- Rain poncho/Rain jacket/Pants
- Heavy polartec top
- Power stretch shirt
- Trekking poles
- Convertible nylon pants
- Polypropylene underwear
- Hiking boots/3 pairs running socks
- Flip flops
- Anti-itch cream/insect repellent
- Toilet paper