Did you know that in Peru is one of the deepest canyons in the world? We give you the opportunity to meet him. Travel with us to the Colca Canyon in Arequipa, which is twice as deep as the Grand Canyon of the United States. In addition you can observe the flight of the Andean Cóndores and know the local culture.
- Type of Trek: Adventure, ecological landscapes and cultural
- Departures Days: Every day
- Season: from march to january
- Trek Duration: 2 days and 1 night
- Accommodation: 1 night Lodge
- Group size: 2 – 8 persons
- Maximum height: 4,910 meters
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Price: 230 USD per person
Day 1: Arequipa – Chivay – Cross of the Condor – San Juan de Chuccho – Oasis Sangalle
We pick you up at 3:00 in the morning from your hotel and leave for Chivay. There we will take the breakfast and soon we will go to the “Cross of the Condor”, where we will appreciate the majestic and fantastic flight of the condors and one of the deepest canyons in the world. Then we will continue for about 20 minutes to the viewpoint of San Miguel from where we will have an impressive view of the Colca Canyon. Then we will descend for four hours to the first community of San Juan de Chucchu, place where lunch will be. Then we will continue to the villages of Cosñirhua and Malata, observing some of the flora and fauna of the place, such as typical fruits, medicinal plants and local people, who still speak the language Quechua (Inca language). Then we will descend to Sangalle (Oasis) where we will dine and spend the first night.
Day 2: Sangalle Oasis – Cabanaconde – Chivay – Hot Spring – Arequipa
Around 5:00 in the morning we got up to start the way back to the town of Cabanaconde. The approximate time of the ascent will be about 3 hours and about 1,100 meters in vertical line. After breakfast in Cabanaconde we will go to the viewpoint of Antahuilque and visit the traditional village of Maca. Then we will continue to the thermal baths of the “Calera” in Chivay or in Yanque that have a temperature between 36 ° and 39 ° C. After enjoying the hot springs, we will go to the village of Chivay where we will have a delicious lunch buffet lunch. To finish this trip we will return to the city of Arequipa, with some stops to see Alpacas, Vicuñas, Llamas and the volcanoes Misti, Chachani, arriving in Arequipa at approximately 6:00 pm.
What is included in this tour?
- Pick up from your hotel
- Tourist transport Arequipa – Chivay – Condor’s Cross – San Miguel
- 1 lunch, 1 dinner, 2 breakfasts
- 1 lunch buffet in Chivay
- Walk in the Colca Canyon
- 1 night accommodation with basic service
- Entrance Fee to Colca Canyon
- Entrance ticket to the hot springs in Yanque.
- Professional bilingual guide for the 2 days
- Private Bus Cabanaconde – Chivay – Arequipa
- Assistant Guide for more than 8 passengers
- First Aid Botequín
- Option of vegetarian Food
What is not included in this tour?
- Service mules Oasis – Cabanaconde (optional 60.00 Soles)
- mineral water, soda, beer, chocolates
What to Bring?
- Daypack 30 liters/packtowl
- Knit hat/hat
- Rain poncho/Rain jacket/Pants
- Heavy polartec top
- Power stretch shirt
- Convertible nylon pants
- Polypropylene underwear
- Hiking boots/2 pairs running socks
- Flip flops
- Anti-itch cream/insect repellent
- Toilet paper