Did you know that in Peru is one of the deepest canyons in the world? We give you the opportunity to meet him. Travel with us to the Colca Canyon in Arequipa, which is twice as deep as the Grand Canyon of the United States. You can also observe the flight of the Andean Cóndores and know the local culture.
- Type of Trek: Adventure, ecological landscapes and cultural
- Departures Days: Every day
- Season: from march to january
- Trek Duration: 3 days and 2 nights
- Accommodation: 2 nights Hostel
- Group size: 2 – 8 persons
- Maximum height: 4,910 meters
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Price: 250 USD per person
Day 1: Arequipa – Chivay – Cross of the Condor – San Juan de Chuccho
3:00 am pick up from the hotel and departure towards Chivay. After breakfast, we will go to Cruz de Condor, where we will appreciate the majestic and fantastic flight of the condors and the deepest Canyon in the world. Then we will continue for about 20 minutes to the pampas of San Miguel from where we will begin our trek and from where we will have an impressive view of the Colca Canyon. Then we will descend for four hours to the first community of San Juan de Chucchu, place where lunch will be. Descending about 900 meters to the Colca River. Place where dinner will be and our first night in comfortable family cabins.
Day 2: San Juan de Chuccho – Malata – Cosñirhua – Oasis Sangalle
After the breakfast prepared by the family, we will start the 1 hour walk to the villages of Cosñirhua and Malata Observing in the tour part of the flora and fauna of the place as typical fruits, medicinal plants that our guide will explain to us so to know more about the Culture of the Colca Canyon. Continuing with the trip we begin the descent towards the deepest of our route arriving at noon at Sangalle (oasis) place of tropical climate and beautiful palm trees which is at an altitude of 1,160 meters Here we will enjoy a pool of 24 º C, have lunch, spend the second night and the afternoon is free to go for a walk around the oasis. At approximately 7:30 pm We will dine and have a magical and incredible night because we will have the opportunity to observe a hundred stars and constellations.
Day 3: Oasis Sangalle – Cabanaconde – Chivay – Arequipa
Around 5:00 in the morning we got up to start the way back to the town of Cabanaconde. The approximate time will be about 3 hours and about 1,100 meters of climb in vertical line. After enjoying a beautiful view and a moment at the top of the Canyon we will continue to the village of Cabanaconde where we will have breakfast. The following places we will visit as part of our program are the viewpoints of Antauilque, Choquetico, the traditional village of Maca and the thermal-medicinal baths of the “Calera” in Chivay or Yanque that have a temperature between 36 ° and 39 ° C. After enjoying the hot springs, we will go to the village of Chivay where we will have lunch a delicious buffet lunch. To finish this trip we will return to the city of Arequipa, with some stops to see Alpacas, Vicuñas, Llamas and the volcanoes Misti, Chachani, arriving in Arequipa at approximately 6:00 pm.
What is included in this tour?
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Tourist transport Arequipa – Chivay – Condor’s Cross – San Miguel.
- 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 3 breakfasts
- 1 lunch buffet in Chivay.
- Walk in the Colca Canyon.
- 2 nights lodging with basic service.
- Entrance ticket to Colca Canyon.
- Entrance ticket to the hot springs in Yanque
- Professional bilingual guide during the 3 days.
- Private Bus Cabanaconde – Chivay – Arequipa
- Assistant Guide (for 8 passengers).
- First Aid Botequín.
- Option vegetarian diet.
What is not included in this tour?
- Service mules Oasis- Cabanaconde (optional S / .60.00)
- Drinks: mineral water, soda, beer, chocolates
What to Bring?
- Daypack 30 liters/packtowl
- Knit hat/hat
- Rain poncho/Rain jacket/Pants
- Heavy polartec top
- Power stretch shirt
- Convertible nylon pants
- Polypropylene underwear
- Hiking boots/3 pairs running socks
- Flip flops
- Anti-itch cream/insect repellent
- Toilet paper