Misti volcano is Peru’s most famous volcano. Its shape is pyramidal, has two craters and means a lot to Arequipeños, it is considered the protector of the city from the time of the Incas. The Incas had a lot of respect and left offerings and human sacrifices, some of these have been found in the small crater. Finally climb this volcano is not difficult or technical, is like making a mountain hike, but it is important to have an acclimatization before climbing.
- Type of Tour: Mountaineering, Adventure and ecological landscapes
- Departures Days: Every day
- Season: from march to January
- Tour Duration: 2 days and 1 night
- Accommodation: 1 Night in Tent
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Group size: 2 – 4 person
- Maximum height: 5,825 meters
- Price: 180 USD per person
Day 1: Arequipa – Base Camp
At 8:00 is the pick up from your hotel. The car trip takes an hour and a half to 3,400 meters, from where we will begin the tour. The journey is five hours until the base camp is located at 4,665 meters. During the walk you can appreciate the flora and fauna as cactus and different birds. Upon arrival at camp we enlist our tents and eat. This day ends with a beautiful sunset.
Day 2: Base Camp – Summit
After breakfast at 3am in the morning we begin the ascent to the summit slowly for six hours until the summit at 5,825 meters. From here you can see the volcanoes of Chachani, Pichu Pichu, La Aguada Blanca National Reserve and a beautiful panoramic view of the city of Arequipa. After observing the landscape, relax and take pictures begin the return to the base camp, the return will be funny and easy. After a snack and get some rest, it takes two hours the descend to 3,400 meters. Here we find the car that will take us back to the city of Arequipa and your hotels. The arrival will be around 4:00 pm.
What is included in this tour?
- Pick up from your Hotel
- Private transport (4wd car)
- Mountain guide
- Camping equipment (mats, tent)
- Sleeping bag/ Gloves
- Kitchen equipment
- Climbing equipment: crampons, ice picks, lanyard
- 1 lunch/dinner, 1 breakfast and box lunch
- First aid kit
- Assistant Guide (for more than 5 passengers)
- Bottle of oxygen
- Communication equipment
- vegetarian food (for vegetarians)
What is not included in this tour?
- Hiking shoes (30 soles)
- Headlamp Led (10 soles)
- Backpack (20 soles)
- Trekking poles (20 soles)
What to Bring?
- Backpack 60 liters/packtowl
- Knit hat/hat
- Rain poncho/Rain jacket/Pants
- Heavy polartec top
- Power stretch shirt
- Trekking poles
- Convertible nylon pants
- Polypropylene underwear
- Hiking boots/2 pairs running socks
- Snacks/ Chocolates, dried fruits
- Toilet paper