- Type of Trek: A Multi- Adventure Tour, cultural and archaeological
- Departures Days: Every day
- Season: from march to january
- Trek Duration: 4 days and 3 nights
- Accommodation: 3 nights Hostel
- Group size: 2 – 8 persons
- Maximum height: 4,316 meters
- Difficulty: Easy
- Price: Ask for prices
First Day: Cusco – Santa María
The trip begins picking you up from your accommodation between 6:30 and 7:00 in the morning towards to Ollantaytambo city. Place where we will have breakfast. Then we continue the trip to The Malaga pass at 4’316 m.a.s.l, the highest point in the trip, where we are going to start the biking. Riding through the inca jungle lasts approximately four hours. During the descent we will watch how the landscape and climate of the Andes change until we reach the archeological site of Huamanmarca. Place where lunch will be or in the town of Santa María. After lunch you can do the rafting activity on the sacred river of the Incas.
Second Day: Santa María – Santa Teresa
After breakfast we will start a beautiful walk of approximately four hours. On an original Inca trail. In the tour we will observe some tropical fruits such as Mango, Cherimoya, Papaya, cocoa, coffee and some others. We will also have the opportunity to visit a local family where we can try some products that they make and produce. Then we will go on our transport to the town of Santa Teresa where lunch will be. In the afternoon we will go to the hot springs of Cocalmayo one of the greatest places in Peru to relax and take a well-deserved rest.
Third day: Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes or “Machu Picchu Town”
The third day will become an exciting day, you can do Canopy or Zipline, this adrenaline activity lasts approximately two hours. Then we will go to San Miguel town, where lunch will be. During the break, after lunch, you can enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of the mountains of Huayna Picchu, Machu Picchu, Montana and the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. To finish the day we will walk for two and a half hours to Aguas Calientes where we will spend the last night before visiting Machu Picchu.
Fourth day : Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Very early we will get up to go to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu by an Inca road. The walk lasts about an hour and a half. On this journey you will be able to watch a beautiful sunrise that will definitely be a beautiful and unique panorama. The visit of the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu will be accompanied by our Guide, who will tell the story, mysteries of this enigmatic and magical city. After the guide, you will have free time to explore and feel the magic of Machu Picchu alone. This incredible trip ends in a trip from Aguas Calientes city to Ollantaytambo and finally getting to Cusco by car.
What is included in this tour?
- Pre-departure briefing
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning
- Van trip Cusco – Santa Maria
- Bikes, helmets and gloves
- 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 2 breakfasts
- zip line or tirolesa
- River rafting
- 3 nights accommodation
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (according availability)
- Tour Guide
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Guide assistant for groups larger than 9 people
- vegetarian food (for vegetarians)
- First-aid kit
What is not included in this tour?
- The first breakfast (first day)
- The last lunch (last day)
- Bus ticket / from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip 24.00 USD)
- Drinks mineral water, soda, beer and chocolates
- Ticket to the hot springs of Cocalmallo 5.00 Soles (second day)
- Transporting Hot Springs to Santa Teresa 5.00 Soles
What to Bring?
- Daypack 30 liters
- Knit hat/or hat
- Rain Jacket and poncho
- Heave polartec top
- Extra clothes (for four days)
- Convertible nylon pants and Shorts
- swimming suit/towel/flip flops
- Hiking boots
- Anti-itch cream/insect repellent/band aids
- Toilet paper