Is the largest lake of the Andes in South America and home to the Tiwanaku and Inca civilization, because from somewhere on this lake the first Inca left and headed to Cusco. After hundreds of years you will be amazed by the culture, the customs that even local people continue to practice, as well as the beautiful landscapes that surround the highest navigable lake in the world.
- Type of Tour: Ecological landscapes and cultural
- Departures Days: Every day
- Season: All year
- Tour Duration: 2 days and 1 night
- Accommodation: Family lodge
- Group size: 2 – 10 persons
- Maximum height: 4,030 meters
- Difficulty: Easy
- Price: 80 USD per person
Day 1: Puno – Isla Los Uros – Amantani
We will start the tour with the pick up at your hotel at 7.30 am. Then we will go to the port where the boats leave to the famous floating islands of the Uros. Once on the floating islands our guide will explain the interesting history of the islands and the local culture. We will continue the trip for about three hours towards the island of Amantani. Here we are waiting for a member of a local family to take us to their house for lunch and sleep. In the afternoon, if you wish, you can walk to the top of the island to observe the beautiful sunset of Lake Titicaca.
Day 2: Amantani – Taquile – Puno
The day starts with a traditional breakfast prepared by the family. Approximately at 8 am we will say goodbye to the family to continue with the trip to the island of Taquile. The trip lasts one hour by boat. On the way we can see beautiful landscapes that surround Lake Titicaca. We will continue the journey by walking towards the top of the island. Here we will have the opportunity to visit the artisan markets of the village and see the different chullos made by the men of the island. Before leaving the island we will have lunch one of the typical dishes with a spectacular view of the lake. After descending the 538 steps of stone we will take our boat back to the city of Puno.
What is included in this tour?
- Pick up from your Hotel
- Boat Puno – Uros Island – Taquile – Amantani – Puno
- 1 lunch and 1 breakfast (at family-home)
- 1 dinner ( at family-home)
- Tourist ticket for admission to the islands
- Bilingual official guide service for 2 days
- First aid kit
- option for vegetarian food
What is not included in this tour?
- Drinks: mineral water, soda, beer
- Last lunch
What to Bring?
- Wool Sweater
- Hat or cap
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Extra money
- Standard backpack 25 liters
- Sleeping bag (if you have one)
- Toilet paper