Lares TrekAn adventure trip recommended for people who like to walk, enjoy nature, tranquility, learn from the Inca culture and the most important of this hike is part of the true PERU know. Families with herds of llamas and alpacas, its stone houses, traditional costumes, their customs and especially appreciate the local lifestyle which is magnificent and interesting without the presence of many tourists.
- Type of Trek: Adventure, ecological landscapes, cultural and archaeological
- Departures Days: Every day
- Accommodation: 1 night hostel and 2 nights in tent
- Season: from march to january
- Trek Duration: 4 days and 3 nights
- Difficulty: Moderate to challenge
- Group size: minimun 2 persons
- Maximum height: 4,650 meters
- Price: 550 USD per person
Day 01: Cusco – Lares Hot-spring – Huacawasi
05:00 am pick up from the hotel. Towards the people of Lares the trip lasts four hours in our mobility. The tour will pass through the Sacred Valley of the Incas after spending an open finally descend to the hot springs of Lares. Where after lunch and meet our horsemen start walking four hours watching local landscape types with their costumes and personal types to the village of Huacawasi place to spend the first night. After a pleasant dinner (3,600 M.S.N.M.)
Day 02: Huacawasi – Sacsallaully – Mantanay
This day will be difficult, beautiful and interesting because after breakfast we start the ascent to the 4,645 MSNM where the open of Sacsallaully from this place apart to feel the energy and tranquility of nature will appreciate the beautiful landscape panoramic view route, ponds, flames, flora and fauna after a decline arrive near the lagoon Millpo where lunch will be, after a good rest we continue to Mantanay camp where we spend the second night after a pleasant dinner.
This day after breakfast will be easy for flat and long road to the village of Yanahuara place where we expect our transportation to take us to Ollantaytambo from this place we will appreciate Inca terraces and impressive part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Approximately we reach the village of Ollantaytambo at 2pm after lunch we will have free time until 7.30 pm to finally address the train to Aguas Calientes where we will spend the last night in a hostel with private bathrooms and hot water.
Day 04: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
This day will be spectacular and that meet one of the wonders of the world Machu Picchu Early in the morning after breakfast we will take the bus to take us to Machu Picchu accompanied by a guide who will share their knowledge and show us the most important places of Machu Picchu for two then you hours approximately. Free time to explore and feel the magic of the place until the time of return will be in tourist train village of Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and from Ollantaytambo to Cusco is a tourist bus to Cusco End travel.
What is included in this tour?
- Pre-departure briefing
- Collection from your hotel in the morning
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 8 people)
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Pack animals (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment) days 1 to 3
- 1 Bag or daffor bag where you can out maximum of 6kg per
- Meals (3B, 3L, 3D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day). Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Machupicchu entrance fee
- To get a entrance fee to visit Huayna Picchu (we recommend buying the tour and entrance to Huayna Picchu two months in advance as there are only 400 spaces available per day
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
What is not included in this tour?
- The last lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Bus ticket / from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip 24.00 USD)
- Ticket to the hot-sppring of Lares
- Horse to ride or for the backpack
- Drinks: mineral water, soda, beer, chocolates
- Sleeping bag
What to Bring?
- Daypack 30 liters/packtowl
- Knit hat/hat
- Rain poncho/Rain jacket/Pants
- Heavy polartec top
- Power stretch shirt
- Trekking poles
- Convertible nylon pants
- Polypropylene underwear
- Hiking boots/3 pairs running socks
- Flip flops
- Anti-itch cream/insect repellent
- Spate bateries
- Toilet paper